Saturday, March 7, 2009

Last Day of Beauty Week at Saks!

I worked at Bobbi Brown today at Saks at the Fashion Mall, Keystone Crossing here in Indy. Bobbi Brown had a very special event: John Hernandez, a member of Bobbi's Beauty Team for 14 years, was here from Atlanta. John does Bobbi's makeup for the Today Show and her appearances on QVC. Cool, right? This is the 2nd time I've been lucky enough to work with John. I've learned something important from him both times. Have to love that.

I had time to take pictures of my last 2 appointments...Kristen and Melanie.

Kristen is a busy mom of 3 young daughters so she doesn't wear very much makeup during her normal day. She wanted me to teach her how to do something fun with her eyes for when she and her husband get a night out.

Kristen's eyes are a beautiful and unusual color: celery, gold and blue. I decided right away that I wanted to really rock out some dramatic liner and keep her lids light. I was thinking a rosy/peachy shade to pop the blue in her eyes. John thought Ivory Eye Shadow all over the lid then Champagne Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow on the lower lid with Sage Metallic eyeshadow in the outer corner of the eye. Lined with Graphite Shimmer gel. I smoked her liner out with the Sage Metallic Eye Shadow then used it for corner detail with the Eye Definer Brush, my fav. Her eyes were mesmerizing! Kristen got lots of compliments on her eyes as soon as I finished her makeup. (YAY) I taught her a new way to use eye liner and of course, my famous mascara trick. The colors John picked were spot on, I guess that's why he makes the Big Bucks :D

Melanie has huge dark brown eyes and loves makeup. I knew we were going to have fun playing with her eyes and we totally did. Under her eyes, I applied Bisque Corrector and the Tinted Eye Brightener in Medium. To cover some red in her complexion I chose the Luminous Moisturizing Foundation, Warm Beige, 3.5. On her eyes: I chose Galaxy Long-Wear Cream Shadow for the lower eyelid. Staying neutral I lined her eyes with Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink. That's when the real party started...Melanie has the perfect eyes and skin colour for the New Bobbi Brights Eye Palette, limited edition. The entire palette is fabulosity! I played with many of the purples, blues and greens on Melanie's beautiful brown eyes for a gorgeous effect.

Thanks for the pretty pics, Kristen & Melanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment